JOB TITLE: Estimator
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Estimator compiles estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client with products and/or services.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Understand the project or program scope and its requirements
- Determine key variables for costs and other estimates
- Research information on upcoming jobs for bidding purposes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of landscape construction operations
- Excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset
- Effective listening skills to understand the scope and expectations of tasks to be performed
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively both, independently and as part of a team (team-oriented)
- Effective and professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and flexible
- Valid California Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or GED required and a minimum of 3 years’ experience estimating in the construction industry and/or a related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to lift and/or move up to 40lbs.
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines